Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Being Kicked is a good thing

Last night my little girl kicked me.  When can you normally say that and it be a good thing?

We were doing our normal lovanox and Dopler ritual at around 3:30 am. (I had just gotten home from work)  Abigail's been getting more active lately. Not too long ago I would find her with no problem, sit there, we would listen to her and smile.  Now  every night I have to chase her around the belly, just to keep her so we can hear her.  I'll get a "thumpa thumpa thumpa wwhhOOOOOMMMM", she'll move some where else and then I have to try track her down again. (my wife says me chasing her around is a good part of the fun.) But tonight after I had cleaned my wife's belly off, she placed my hand  on her stomach and I felt that little kick. I had felt it before but it was one of things that I wasn't sure if I had imagined it.  but there was no mistaking it this time. 

I had felt a miracle.

After a rough day of getting home from work around 2:30, screwing up at work, and stressing about other stuff, that was the perfect little thing to end my day.  My little girl letting me know that everything was going to be ok.

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome. I love reading your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should pick this back up. Even if it's only a post every now and then.

    ReplyDelete